Romhelp

Saturday, December 10, 2005

collection point Kandern

Yesterday we had a collection point here in Kandern.
It was very well received, and a good dozen of the members of the local church here pitched in to help with packing the boxes. We packed about 160. There is still more to pack, and I am hoping that enough will show on Monday to finish the work.
I was again impressed with Lukas (12) who did most of the loading into the truck!
Also, Andrea, the pastor's wife provided calenders and other literature which Klaus distributed among the donors. They were very well received!

Today I preach in a church about 10 miles from where I live. They intend to open a collection point in their facility next year.

A collection point offers an outreach to the community. People bring their clothes, shoes, house-hold items etc. and meet Christians. Many have questions and even some come to help with packing - offering us much time to communicate.
As you might remember, last week I was able to share the Gospel with 9 people.
Yesterday I was responsible for the entire operation, but did spend some time with about 6 people.

Now I am praying for enough help to finish all the packing on Monday as well as turn the rooms back into their original condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home