Romhelp

Sunday, July 31, 2005

How God uses tragedies for triumpf!

As reported yesterday, we had damage due to hail.

The real loosers are the farmers around here: The corn crops are stripped down to the first 10 to 20 inches over the ground! A lost harvest. Those, who did not get their wheat in can go and work their fields witht the plows. The hail was a large as tennis balls!

I was able to get ahold of an insurance agent, and it looks like that they will replace all three windows.
Two of those three windows were built in 1969 and were in a pretty worn out condition! I was already informed that their time had come - but postponed the exchange due to time and financial investments. So this hail insidence is taking a problem off of my hands - and even providing the funding for the replacements!

A friend of mine does roofs and is a carpenter. He came by on Saturday to fix my roof - so that is finished!
The windows are covered with plastic, which ought to hold till the insurance gives a go-ahead for the repairs!

The most striking insidence of God's protection was this: Today my two year old granddaughter was playing outside. When I went to check up on her, she had found pieces of the broken windows and was collecting them into a neat pile! I stopped cold in my tracks when I realized what harm could have been caused by carriying the broken glass imporperly or tripping on something and falling on the glas pieces!
But Jana was totally unharmed, and had a problem understanding why I threw her work away!

Also, a sister in gave a testimony in church how her neighbor took a beating on his roof. He was cursing violently. Here they typically curse: "God damn me!" She yelled to him, that he should not curse in such an awful way, but should rather say: "God bless me". Well, he got off of his house roof and on to his garage roof, when it caved in - it was shot full of hail holes! On his way down (he was not hurt) he yelled: "God .... (short pause) BLESS ME! So we all learn: Let us always be testimonies for our faith - in and out of season! Blessings to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home